Tuesday, March 10, 2009

March Update

Hello again. Well, I think I wasn't quite ready to jump headfirst back into the blogging world last month. I hate that I haven't been regularly posting for two months, but there's not a lot I can do about it now. Since I posted last, I have been trying to catch up on my couponing pile. Yes, pile! I should have taken a picture of it. Really, I had around 80 coupon inserts to get through. I did get them all clipped on Friday, just in time for this weeks papers. I have to send out a big thank you to our neighbor who has been giving us extra inserts. I had 30 from the last two weeks alone! I was also able to get some shopping done at the end of last week and over the weekend. I have some great pictures to post and some awesome deals to share that are still going on. I can't promise I will have them all up tonight, but I will try. (Otherwise, look for them tomorrow.) I also have to give an update on our $40 challenge. (you can find my original post here.) We have been sticking to the $40 a week. And doing it pretty well. I can't vouch for the end of January, because I didn't go over our reciepts yet (if anything, it is under our budget), but since the beginning of February, I have been adding $40 to the envelope. We did let it build up for 2 or 3 weeks and did a grocery trip mid February. We then let it build up again the last two weeks in order to do this weeks shopping. (We ended up with about $110 for this past weekend. $30 from last week, $40 from this week and we used next week's $40 since we won't be home to do any shopping. I won't be adding money this Thursday, I will wait until next Thursday.
Sorry for such a long and babbling post, but I am still here, just going slow at the moment. Thanks for sticking around!!

No comments: